Friday, August 19, 2011

Predicting health is like predicting the weather



You know when you wake up in the morning and you can tell it's going to be a hot day.  Not just because the past week has been hot and the weatherman said it was going to be but because you can smell it in the air.  You can feel it on your skin.  I can usually predict how my health will be first thing in the morning.  I can feel it.  Either I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed or my eyes will feel swollen shut.  That first stretch will be oh so great or oh ow, how old am I?  I'll either have an extra step in my walk or an extra wobble in my legs.  On the days when it is a little harder to breathe, I can hear God whisper, {You are going to be OK.  Use these moments/days to take it all in with your eyes.  See the beauty around you and be calm.} I have an extra sense of stillness on these days.  {Also known as complete exhaustion forcing me to be still} It feels peaceful.  There is no pain.  With no need to rush to get it all done, I will rest and enjoy.  Being sick is really giving me a wonderful perspective on life.  It is humbling  and shown me so much gratitude where I don't think I saw it before.  For this, I am grateful!


By the way, my dad is watching all the kids and my sister and I are getting our much needed "me" time at a day spa!  Whoo hoo.  Thanks Dad!  Can't wait for Wednesday :)

Linking up with Katie

9 comments:

  1. new follower here ... love your blog ... look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog! And your family is just adorable! I'm a new follower... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful perspective, karen. you're inspiring! praise jesus!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope today is an "extra step" day!! Either way just make Anthony do everything! ; )

    See you soon!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! enjoy and relax.
    Sickness always humbles me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your perspective. you are brave and confident in Christ, despite your circumstances. which is all that God wants from us, right? and i LOVE the song. brings back memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take advantage of the sick day to relax and take advantage of the hubby! Its what I do! hehe You have a beautiful family!!

    Dont forget to come by my blog, and enter to win a Coach wristlet!
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting Growing up Gardner!
    I love the fish post. SOOOO something that would happen to me. Actually it did! I killed my best friends hamster in 3rd grade. Dropped him on his head. :(
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get better soon! And look forward to that 'me' time, it sounds devine :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...