Sunday, August 7, 2011

Giving it all

As I was reading the story of Pocahontas to my daughter tonight I was thinking of 10 different things I needed to get done.  I feel this has been a more common occurance lately and that really bothers me.  Even as I was reading the story I thought how cool it would be to have The Color's of the Wind playing in her CD player at the same time. Why can't I just stop thinking of what else and just absorb myself in what is.  Take what I have at the moment and stick with it.  I found myself quickly reading through the story in order for her to fall asleep so I could go put my laundry away.  {We all know my laundry won't be put away for a few more days anyway}  She totally got jipped out of story time. {I finished the story, it just wasn't very enthusiastic} I want to work on this.  I want to slow down my mind, not get as much done but at the same time get more done.  Know what I mean?  I want the quality not the quantity.  Instead of calling several friends {totally a hypothetical situation, I'm not very good at calling anyone} I want to call 1 and have a wonderful fullfilling conversation.  My goal is to give it all.  I'm not even saving this one for my New Year's resolution.  It starts right now.  Right here!!  I won't be rushing through anything anymore.  I realize that "it" will never get done so the path I take on my way will be where I will find my joy.
I know I am not the only one that feels this way because there is a song about it:
Alabama - I'm In A Hurry
I'm in a hurry to get things done 
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun 
All I really got to do is live and die 
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why 



From here on out there's no more "good enough", it's gonna be great!

Linking up


1 comment:

  1. LOVE!
    And the truth indeed!
    Just beautiful. We all need to S.L.O.W down now and again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...