Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My fashion statement

Since I have been "awake"since 4 I should have had plenty of time to get myself ready for the day.  Except that I laid in bed for 2 1/2 hours trying to get some sleep and then finally going online.  Both kids crawled into bed at 6:30 and the dog was wimpering to go out.  Ok ok, I'm up.  Let the morning routine begin.  Wyatt wanted to hear a song that I have on my blog so I pulled out the ipod and put the music on while making breakfast.  Everyone was singing and dancing this morning which is always a good sign of a great day to come.  I made Alexis her lunch for school and we ate our breakfast.  Then I went back on the computer a little more.  All of a sudden it was time to go.  This happens EVERY morning.  I should see it coming but I don't.  So we hop in the car, Alexis all dressed cute for school, and me... in my pajamas!!  Would have been appropriate had I just dropped her off but I don't, I walk her all the way up to her class.  As I was heading out of our neighborhood a pool guy was coming in.  Now, it wasn't the pool boy you are all hoping and dreaming for.  Nope, this guy was in his 50's with his long hair pulled back in a pony tail and wrapped in a bandana.  He flashed me the creepiest smile, which I smiled back and then the wave.  You know the one.  Where the wrist flexes down and all fingers are wiggling?   Yep, there I was cruising with my window down, frizzy/greasy hair in a knot on the top of my head, NO make-up on, in my pajamas and the pool guy noticed me!!  I wish I had a picture for you guys, you would really be impressed.  Off to school we went and all the moms were so kind to not make any comments on my attire or appearance.  In fact, they probably all walked away feeling really good about themselves.  Sheesh, at least I got dressed today, they were mumbling.  I hopped back in my car, chomping on my gum (since I hadn't brushed my teeth after breakfast) and drove home.  Window still down and smile on my face.  I saw a couple of ladies from my neighborhood walking so instead of hide myself I slowed down and stuck my head out the window.  "Good Morning!!"  "Hey Karen, did you just finish a work out?"  "Nope! I just rolled out of bed and now I'm going to officially start my day"

After my shower, this is what I looked like:


 headband made by: Knieya Richardson
necklace from my sister: cookie lee 
(it might be hers and I'm just borrowing it or she may have given it to me, either way, it hangs in my closet)

shirt: old navy
shorts: target
boots: Charlotte Russe
belt: came on a dress


pleated poppy

17 comments:

  1. I love those boots!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boots too! What a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I'm so nervous to pair boots with shorts. I just don't think I can pull it off...but you make it look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look cute as ALWAYS, but what i really liked was the story at the beginning! the pool guy haha! AND the fact that you felt comfortable enough to slow down and chat with the gals...priceless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look cute as ALWAYS, but what i really liked was the story at the beginning! the pool guy haha! AND the fact that you felt comfortable enough to slow down and chat with the gals...priceless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! Love your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very few can get away with boots and shorts...and dang girl, you're one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the pool and yard guy are never no where as hot in real life as they are on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are so so cute. They seem like they would match everything!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get all excited when you do an outfit post. I am trying to change up my style a bit and I love yours (style). I'm not brave enough to wear a headband as one of my nicknames in Russia was Sacagewea-hippie chick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the same thing when I take adam to school. I dont brush my teeth most times right away so I just throw a piece of gum in, I put on a hat cuz I have bed head, and i wear my sunglasses so I dont scare people with the I Just Woke Up look! sometimes I get dressed but the hat, sunglasses, no makeup, and gum are everyday! I love your outfit and as always I think you look beautiful! Don't you love borrowing things from your sis? Iol I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SO pretty! I love that everyone is wearing headbands; I SO cannot pull that look off but I wish I could because it is such an adorable bohemian-ish look!

    Loving the boots, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, you are adorable!!!! Even if you were late getting dressed, you made up for it by looking fabulous! I usually stay in my pajamas all day when I'm off. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit!! I would do the same thing... it's noon right now and I'm still un-showered and in my PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want your boots!!! that headband is adorable too :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. See you do dress cute! Where is your baggy sweatshirt! Link up next week. I want to see it! You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cute look on you! Love your boots and necklace! Super fun blog too...glad I stumbled upon it tonight!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...